What if we could look direct inside great institutions portfolio, check their positions and trade with them!? Well, we can do that, every Friday we have COT Data released by CFTC that summarize the future positions of big speculators and hedgers.
This tool, we offer you, does a meticulous and quantitative analysis on COT Data, using “The theory of hedging”. You will be able with a single click the see all the signals that this great theory provides.
You will get Signals like: “GO LONG”,”GO SHORT “Scalp Short Side”, “Scalp Long Side”, “Trend Starting Bullish”, “Trend Starting Bearish”, “Trend Ending”.
The main features:
- COT INDEX Indicator Analysis – plus proprietary and backtested algorithm to spot market turning points.
- RSI – With dynamic period calculation using a powerful statistical method, will increase your short-term profits.
- STOCHASTICS – A well know indicator to spot trend reversal, applied directly to COT DATA.
- Buying/Selling Power – You will know when speculators are about to run out of cash and will cover their positions, perfect turning points.
- Movement Index – A pullback indicator, shows you with great accuracy when a trend is about to resume.
- Open Interest Peaks – Trend changes often coincide with peaks in open interest. You will know exactly when this happens.
- Synthetic assets – See all forex crosses data generated using a proprietary algorithm.
- Download – You can download all the data.
We offer you all the data released by CFTC commodities like coffee, sugar, indices like S&P500, forex and we create synthetic assets like CHFJPY and EURGBP, we have 36 crosses on our database. Also, Vix, Gold, Silver and Crude oil cot data are included.
Enough of talking, you can check and taste a little of this power for yourself. Our COT Data Intelligence Tool. Subscribers have access to the most updated data. Demo user has 1 month delayed data. Use the link above to test it. For full data you are going to provide your data, if delayed data is ok for you, no data from you is
Subscribe with us!
Annual Subscription 15% OFF
COT Data Facts:
- Trend changes often coincide with peaks in Large speculators (Non-Commercial) open interest.
- Large speculators (Non-Commercial) buying and selling fuels uptrends and downtrends
- Commercials buying halts downtrends and commercial selling caps price rallies
- COT Index converts net positions to 0% to 100% bullish scale, making it easy to compare with historical data.
- COT Index = 100 x (Current Net – Minimum Net) / (Maximum Net – Minimum Net) | For a period of time
- COT Index confirms when support/resistance are actually institutional support/resistance.
- Commercial Movement Index has the power to detect the of a pullback inside a trend.
- The expected holding time for a COT Trade is 4 weeks.
- Commercials always trade against the trend.
- Large speculators (Non-Commercial) have a limited buying/selling power.
- The best moment to buy is when commercials quit buying.
How I create new instruments (Synthetic):
This is very simple and yet very powerful. What I do is simply combine COT data for two futures contracts to create the new instrument.
- For example to create GBPCHF cross currency simple subtract CHF from GBP:
- GBPCHF Long Commercial = (GBP Long Commercial) – (CHF Long Commercial)
I repeat this process to all fields: Commercial LONG/Short, NonCommercial LONG/Short and then calculate the net profit to display on the dashboard. As I said before, simple but very powerful.
A great way to time the markets, to understand what big hedgers are doing and to see the real flow of money. You can combine currency and commodty flow to add to your position or cut it all.
Is your market data from QUANDL?
No, the data is downloaded directly from the
“The mission of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) is to foster open, transparent, competitive, and financially sound markets. By working to avoid systemic risk, the Commission aims to protect market users and their funds, consumers, and the public from fraud, manipulation, and abusive practices related to derivatives and other products that are subject to the Commodity Exchange Act (CEA)“
Wrong market knowledge
“Always fade the small speculator” – The truth about this is: “Forget about the small speculator, this group is irrelevant.“
COT Data is old news by the time it is released – The truth about this is: “Markets are made for commercials and this group is not interested in making
Commitments of Traders (COT) Reports Descriptions
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (Commission or CFTC) publishes the Commitments of Traders (COT) reports to help the public understand market dynamics. Specifically, the COT reports provide a breakdown of each Tuesday’s open interest for futures and options on futures markets in which 20 or more traders hold positions equal to or above the reporting levels established by the CFTC.